Translate

Friday 10 July 2015

Melodious Warbler!

Hi readers, here we are on yet another post on my recent birding experiences, you may have noticed I have started to spread out the time between posts a little more, this is something I feel has made the blog perhaps more interesting if like previously I were to continue with weekly posts I would be writing shorter posts and I would have less to post about if I cover a couple of weeks at a time I've found the posts are becoming more interesting and I am enjoying writing them a little more so this is likely to be the same from now on. So without further or do lets get on with the show.

26/06/15-

So for weeks prior to this cloudy Friday a bird had been residing near Marsh Lane Nature Reserve along Dale Road and we felt it was to far for us to go and look for in one afternoon. The truth is it actually wasn't that far away at all we just saw Coventry on the map and made assumptions that it was a little further afield. So after seeing the bird pop up on Twitter continuously I did some more digging and we found it was worth the shot seen as it was a less common bird that doesn't turn up very often. So we embarked on our Friday drive down to see the bird. The driver decided however that the M6 was a bad option and decided to go down the M5 and then through the M42 on a longer journey which made the drive more difficult. However it was obviously worth it in the end if we were to see the bird.

We arrived at the location and began the walk up the path to see the bird, good information had been posted online of the exact areas the bird favor's which gave us a good idea where to look. However as usual with birds like this a few birders were already in the area watching it. We walked up to where the birders were to see if the bird was around. And it was apparent the bird was there it was calling none stop constantly and initially gave very brief and difficult views. However after half an hour or so the bird popped out and offered some stunning views. I had never seen one before but it was clear how it stood out from other warblers, the clear yellow color on the bird showed very well and to me it stood out from other warblers.

After seeing the Warbler there has been little birding highlights for me to share with you I few visits to here and there have provided little for me to post about. I have to say you may have noticed I've been forced to spell the word colour in the American way without the U I've no idea why but spell check comes up if I spell it the normal way and it annoys me every time it does so I have no choice, any of you out there that are obsessed with grammar please accept my apology. That's it for this shorter post there should be another post soon.

Record shot of the bird. 

Pale female Mallard at Sandwell Valley.

Thanks for reading and good birding- WB

No comments:

Post a Comment